Fiberglass Chopped Strands are made by bundling thousands of E-glass fiber together and chopping them into specified length. They are coated by original surface treatment designed for each resin to increase the strength and physical properties. Chopped Strands are used in combination with high-performance resin with a certain content, applied to FRP (Fiber Reinforced Plastics) and FRTP (Fiber Reinforced Thermo Plastics) for automobiles and electronics as reinforcing materials globally.
1. Fiberglass Chopped strand is cut from continuous fiberglass roving which is treated with a silane coupling agent and a special sizing agent formulation.
2. This chopped glass fiber has good fluidity, bundle ability, and small linear density, so there is no pilling and fluffing in mixing, and can be fully mixed with thermoplastic resin. It is widely used to reinforce PA, PP, PVC, ABAS, PC, etc.
3. Fiberglass chopped strands also can be used in construction and industry, such as reinforced concrete, mortar, cement, gypsum board, plasterboard, manhole cover, brake pad, etc. Fiberglass chopped strands give superior mechanical property and apparent condition.
1. Good strand integrity, low static, and good flowability.
2. Fast and uniform distribution in resins, good processing properties, and good mechanical properties of the end products.
3. Good amalgamation with resins, no fiber sticking out of the surface of the terminal products, and have an aesthetic appearance.